DetailsConducting the District's business in public can be tricky. It requires staff, superintendents and board members to adhere to ever-changing laws, and impacts meetings, communications, timelines and use of technology. This workshop provides administrators and board members with a roadmap to effectively govern as a team, while also avoiding the most common legal pitfalls. This “Top 10” approach will drive you through best practices and practical tips, and help you on your journey to even greater collaboration.
5 of the 10 key focuses include:
• Brown Act – getting the agenda right
• Handling Public Comment and the Public Professionally
• Transparency: Board Packets, E-Communication, and Social Media
• Top Brown Act Pitfalls and How to Avoid Them
• Closed Session – When It’s Legal, When It’s Not
This event is reserved for school district or public agency employees only. Please contact Client Services for more information.