Episode 44 EIFD and Tax Increment - A Public Finance Practitioner Discussion of the Enhanced Infrastructure Financing District Financing Tool
Lozano Smith attorneys Dan Maruccia and Constantine Baranoff join host Sloan Simmons in an informative and detailed discussion of how Enhanced Infrastructure Financing Districts have evolved in California with attorneys who focus on public finance and who have formed EIFDs throughout the state. They also discuss available financing structures and explore projects (including freeway overlay and flood control) which EIFDs may be used to finance.
Show Notes & References
- 5:01 - 2012 Redevelopment Agencies (RDA) dissolved
- 6:58 - EIFD (Enhanced Infrastructure Financing District)
- 13:35 - Formation of Public Finance Authority (PFA)
- 15:13 - EIFD hearings and timelines
- 19:03 - EIFD financing structures and combining the EIFD with other financing tools such as Mello-Roos
- 28:25 - EIFDs vs. RDAs
- 29:10 - Creative application of the EIFD tools in California; overview of types of projects being contemplated using EIFDs including flood control and freeway overlays
- 36:31 - Upcoming important election dates for voter approved debt
As the information contained herein is necessarily general, its application to a particular set of facts and circumstances may vary. For this reason, this News Brief does not constitute legal advice. We recommend that you consult with your counsel prior to acting on the information contained herein.