Episode 64 Much Ado About ADUs
With the ever-growing demand for housing in California, many local governments are turning to Accessory Dwelling Units ("ADUs"). Host Joshua Whiteside joins Lozano Smith attorneys Jennifer Thompson and Kevin Serrano to examine the housing situation in California, benefits and challenges of ADUs to cities and local agencies, ADU requirements, and latest trends.
Show Notes & References
- 1:29- The housing situation in California
- 2:22- What is an ADU (Accessory Dwelling Unit)
- 3:04- ADUs and parking
- 6:03- Lot sizing
- 8:25- ADU approvals
- 10:04- Homeowner associations and ADUs
- 12:41- Benefits to cities and local agencies
- 13:31- Impact fees
- 15:58- Zoning and requirements for ADUs
- 22:36- JADU (Junior Accessory Dwelling Unit)
- 24:44- Closing thoughts
As the information contained herein is necessarily general, its application to a particular set of facts and circumstances may vary. For this reason, this News Brief does not constitute legal advice. We recommend that you consult with your counsel prior to acting on the information contained herein.