AB 48 Would Have A Big Impact on School Facilities – If Voters Approve (A Bonus Episode of the Lozano Smith podcast)
Host Devon Lincoln talks with attorneys Daniel Maruccia and Harold Freiman about what AB 48 could mean for school facilities funding if approved by the voters in March 2020.
Show Notes & References
- 2:52 3-legged stool
- 4:49 Prop 47 (2002)
- 5:09 Prop 55 (2004)
- 5:30 Prop 1D (2006)
- 6:24 Prop 51 (2016)
- 10:42 AB 48 (2019) (Client News Brief 62 – October 2019)
- 13:25 School Facilities Programs (SFP)
- 17:00 Office of Public School Construction (OPSC) / State Allocation Board (SAB)
- 23:35 Prop 39 bonds
- 24:01 Tax rate limit
- 30:29 Sterling fees (1986)
- 30:56 SB 50 (1997) – School impact fee law
As the information contained herein is necessarily general, its application to a particular set of facts and circumstances may vary. For this reason, this News Brief does not constitute legal advice. We recommend that you consult with your counsel prior to acting on the information contained herein.