DetailsWe invite you to join us for this critical resource that helps attendees refresh their knowledge of public service ethics laws and principles. This includes informing attendees on how to best navigate legal mandates; focus on doing the right thing in the public interest; consider conflicts of interest; and help spot issues before they become a problem.
For local municipal public officials, this course helps you satisfy your mandatory ethics training requirement during each two-year period, or within six months of being hired. While such training is not mandatory for public school officials, the ethics laws and principles to be reviewed in this course otherwise apply equally to those officials.
Representative Topics Include:
• Effective Governance and Principles Beyond the Law
• Personal Financial Gain - Conflict of Interest, Bribery
• Personal Advantages and Perks - Gift and Travel Restrictions
• Governmental Transparency and Fair Processes - Financial Disclosure, Brown Act
• Fair Processes - Due Process, Comon law Bias, Incompatible offices
• General Ethics Principles Beyond the Law.
Who Should Attend:
This team-based training is ideal for elected and appointed officials, and all public agency employees who file a Form 700. Presenters will address key issues impacting those who represent school districts, cities, counties, and special districts.
This event is reserved for school district or public agency employees only. Please contact Client Services for more information.