DetailsThis webinar provides school personnel with an overview of Title IX and California’s anti-discrimination laws as they relate to student-to-student and adult-to-student complaints of sexual misconduct, such as sexual harassment and sexual violence. Specifically, this webinar will present Lozano Smith’s model approach to identifying, addressing and preventing Title IX complaints and violations, known as REACT. This overview also includes a review of the interim guidance on schools’ responsibilities for addressing complaints of sexual misconduct under Title IX that was implemented by the United States Department of Education on September 22, 2017.
Learning ObjectivesAttendees will walk away with a clear understanding of:
- How to identify conduct that may raise to the level of sexual misconduct;
- School employees’ responsibilities for identifying and responding to Title IX complaints;
- Schools’ options for responding to Title IX complaints, including mediation;
- The importance of implementing appropriate interim measures;
- Investigation basics;
- Corrective measures that may be used to redress the harm sustained by victims of sexual misconduct; and
- Preventative measures schools may take to protect themselves from liability and students from harm.
Who Should AttendSchool district administrators, including Title IX coordinators, principals, assistant principals, and anyone tasked with investigating Title IX or sex-based discrimination complaints.
This event is reserved for school district employees only. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
This event is reserved for school district or public agency employees only. Please contact Client Services for more information.