DetailsBrown Act & Board Governance Workshop For school districts, conducting the District's business in public can be convoluted and tricky. It requires district staff, superintendents and board members to strictly adhere to ever-changing laws, and impacts meetings, communications, timelines and use of technology. This workshop combines Lozano Smith's cutting-edge governance workshops with practical tips for all district members involved in the execution of board meetings.
* Brown Act
* Public Records Act
* E-Communication and Open Government
* Board/Administration: Roles & Responsibilities
* Conflict of Interest
This workshop also assists board members and superintendents with practical strategies for effective governance, including:
* The Public's Role at Board Meetings
* Establishing Positive Relationships
* Regular and Special Meetings of the Board
* Board Member Conduct and Liability
* Effective Communication Between Board Members; and
* Tips for Effective Communication with the Public.
Who should attend: Board Members, Superintendents and district staff involved in preparing for board meetings or District staff that routinely attend board meetings.
* Individuals: $95 per person
* 5-member boards: $400
* 7-member boards: $575
This event is reserved for school district or public agency employees only. Please contact Client Services for more information.